Volunteer Monitoring Programs
Monitoring Program Map
Have you ever wondered just how many groups are engaged in volunteer water-quality monitoring?
Depending on who you ask, the answer ranges from "are you kidding, no where" to "isn't everyone doing it".
To help answer this question, we want to create a visual directory showing where this activity is occuring across the USA to display in an interactive map.
But...we need your help to build the visual directory for the Volunteer Monitoring Programs Map!
Check out our progress here!
Want to help others learn by sharing your own experiences?
We are seeking stories about how Volunteer Monitoring is making a difference around the country!
Your success story can be about:
- a unique approach to a problem,
- a field or laboratory method,
- a tool to help manage, recruit or manage volunteers,
- collaboration between your program and state, local government, academia, private industry or another entity,
- action or decision that resulted from your monitoring efforts, or
- anything else that made you and your program successful
However, success often follows failure. Stories about failed strategies that ultimately lead to your program success are just as useful! You can help others avoid the pitfalls and find ways around similar obstacles.
Interested in sharing your experience? Click here to learn more.